The PADI Underwater Naturalist Course
Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment.
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
You put this information into practice during your two open water dives.
To take this course, you must be:
10 years old
A PADI (junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
Your Next Adventure
If you are interested in becoming an underwater conservationist or documenting what you encounter, you’ll also enjoy these specialty courses:
- PADI National Geographic Diver
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Project AWARE Specialist
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Videographer
Or simply use the quick-contact below.