The PADI Drift Diver Course
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by ‘going with the flow,’ staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents - causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
- A PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- At least 12 years old
Your Next Adventure
The Diver Propulsion Vehicle course introduces you to scuba diving with underwater scooters, which can come in handy while drift diving.
Or simply use the quick-contact below.